Christianity is not a passive faith. Genuine believers want to become more like Christ. And here are some practical ways to do that:
Some ideas for improving your prayer life:
- Write prayer requests on sticky notes and put them on your bathroom mirror to pray through each morning.
- Use daily activities to remind you to pray for specific concerns.
- Don't let your head hit the pillow until you've read the Bible for at least 5 minutes each day.
- Get an audio version of the Bible and listen to it while driving.
- Clean a bookcase: get rid of books with messages that aren't pleasing to God. Don't give them away or sell them--throw them away.
- Pray about each TV show you watch, asking God if it is a good use of your time.
Some ideas for sharing Christ more faithfully:
- Start praying for one unsaved person daily.
- Write out your testimony and share it with your family.
Baby Step Bible Study Insights
Below are the insights for Baby Steps Bible Study
This study ("Learning to Walk") builds on the truths of Baby Steps.
1. Think about the importance of knowing the Bible. What baby step can you take this week to better know God through study of His Word?
Psalm 19:7: The law of the LORD is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
We listen to the news or hear about a neighbor's struggles. We face our own difficulties and trials. Without the refreshment of God's Word, our thoughts become worldly and we revert to our "old selves" (Ephesians 4:22-24).
2 Timothy 3:16-17: Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God’s will in thought, purpose, and action), 17 So that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work. (Amplified Bible)
I love this amplified version of this passage (above). Why not read it in these other Bible versions:
2. Think of the Importance of turning away from worldly influences. What baby step can you take this week?
Romans 12:1-2: Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is —his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Conformity to the world is our downfall. See also Colossians 2:8.
3. Think about the importance of sharing Christ with others. What baby step can you take this week in sharing Christ?
The following verses as well as countless others tell us Christ is the only way to be saved (see Is Jesus the Only Way?). This should give us a heartfelt longing to share Christ with those who are perishing in their sins.
Revelation 20:15: Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.
Acts 4:11-12: Jesus is ‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’ Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.
copyright 2014, Gail Burton Purath, BiteSizeBibleStudy.com
All Scripture passages NIV unless otherwise noted